Sunday, July 5, 2009

Qualifications and my love/hate relationship with 'study'.

I left school at 15 with no qualifications. Fortune endowed me with a cheerful personality, a love of hard work and many artistic skills. I won jobs that were both interesting and challenging. My ambition was simply to find the love of my life, make enough money to be 'a dedicated follower of fashion' and go dancing every weekend. This I did!

I married the love of my life, he was the bread winner while I was CEO of the family.

It was when our children left home and the love of my life damaged his back that I decided to 'retrain' and get some qualifications, which, by this time were needed to get a decent job.

Diploma in Applied Arts (Theatre)
Three years, full time doing what I loved. This was a dream come true. The course taught acting and directing techniques as well as skills in production, lighting and sound. History of the theatre along with a study of playwrights and their works comprised the academic facet of this course. I swanned through it and enjoyed every moment. This course was to change my life, as I discovered (to my amazement) that I enjoyed and achieved good results through academic study.

Bachelor of Arts (English)
Another three years full time. I discovered... more to come on this topic

No comments:

Post a Comment