Saturday, July 4, 2009

My CV

Today I'm a children's Services Librarian. Before that I created lead light windows in a loft overlooking paradise. Before that I was a very antisocial student as I studied for a BA degree and a Diploma in Library Studies (often hidden from friends and family in a derelict van beside a stream). Before that I was administrator for Northland Youth Theatre working with inspirational teens and young adults in a professional theatre environment. Before that I spent three years at Drama School. In my spare time I worked alongside my husband in an attempt to achieve self sufficiency. Before that I was a Jill of all trades working part time or contracting in anything that would bring in a bit of cash; graphic art, sales, cleaning, gardening and orchard work. Before that I joined Whangarei Theatre and founded the 'Midstagers' a  splinter group for teens. Meanwhile my friend and I created ' Pied Piper' drama and craft workshops for young children. Before that I lived in Australia with my husband and two little boys. I worked at the local school as a teacher aide teaching singing, drama and crafts. During that time I was in the Scout movement programming weekly meetings, camps and Gang Shows for children from 8 to 18. Before that I was a young bride in England, along with my husband trying to earn a quid. I worked in two famous London departmental stores, in one I was cashier/bookkeeper and in the other I was clerk of the ladies underwear department. Incidentally, during this time I met lots of celebrities and some royalty (very exciting at my young age). Also during that time I raged to The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and The Who... to name but a few. Before that I was a kid and that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment